Thursday, September 29, 2016

Newspaper Brains, Television Souls, and High-school Ideas

“I see men assassinated around me every day. I walk through rooms of the dead, streets of the dead, cities of the dead; men without eyes, men without voices; men with manufactured feelings and standard reactions; men with newspaper brains, television souls and high school ideas. Kennedy himself was 9/10ths the way around the clock or he wouldn't have accepted such an enervating and enfeebling job -- meaning President of the United States of America. How can I be concerned with the murder of one man when almost all men, plus females, are taken from cribs as babies and almost immediately thrown into the masher?”


― Charles Bukowski, Sunlight Here I Am: Interviews and Encounters, 1963-1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and debate 'in good faith' are encouraged. Trolls and shitposts will not be tolerated.